Accéder aux espacesBloc fermé
Changer de régionBloc fermé
Les aides à la mobilité

YfEj - Language courses

Do you want to improve your language skills to achieve your professional mobility project in Europe? With "Your first EURES job", receive financial support for your European language courses.


Financial support is provided for you to take courses in any European language.

Depending on your professional mobility project in a European Union country, Norway or Iceland, this support will be available if: 

  • you are preparing to go and work in another European country and you want to improve your language level;
  • you have been hired for a job in Europe and before you start you need a language course to ensure that you can integrate into your new company;
  • you have been hired for a job in Europe and once you have taken up your post, you need to strengthen your language skills.

Courses can take place in your country of residence or in your chosen mobility country. You will be responsible for choosing a language school and dealing with the administrative and enrolment procedures.

Financial support covers the reimbursement of actual declared costs incurred to pay for the language course, up to a limit set by the programme.

Am I eligible?

  • You are aged 18-35.
  • You are a citizen of a European Union country, Iceland or Norway and resident in one of these countries.
  • You are registered with an Employment Service.
  • You have applied for a job of at least 6 month duration* in one of the European Union countries, Iceland or Norway other than your country of residence.

* The working time for this job is at least 50% of the applicable weekly working time.

How do I apply?

Before starting the language course, simply send the following to the Administrative services:

  • the allowance application form, duly completed;
  • all required supporting documents mentioned on the form.

Download the form

Allowance application form
Reimbursement application form

NB: Any expenses incurred are reimbursed after the course, on presentation of payment receipts. During the course, you may ask for an advance of 50% of the total amount. The balance will be paid once the course has been validated.


Scan the following documents (preferably in PDF format) and send them to the Administrative services:

Before starting the language course:

  • allowance application form duly completed and signed;
  • quotation(s) from the language school(s) specifying the language, the duration, the language level and the cost of the course;
  • identity document (national identity card or passport);.

For the reimbursement of expenses:

  • reimbursement application form duly completed and signed;
  • certificate of attendance at the language course;
  • proof of payment;
  • language certificate awarded at the end of the course;
  • bank account details (IBAN with BIC/SWIFT code).
Publié le 17 August 2017
  • PARTAGER SUR Twitter (Nouvelle fenêtre)
  • PARTAGER SUR Facebook (Nouvelle fenêtre)
  • PARTAGER SUR Linkedin (Nouvelle fenêtre)
  • PARTAGER SUR Viadeo (Nouvelle fenêtre)

Which countries are covered?

The "Your first EURES job" programme covers:

  • the 28 EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.

  • + Iceland and Norway.


Send your application to► Administrative services

4 Logos CE





► Before travelling anywhere you should obtain the European Health Insurance Card.

For more information about this card and how to obtain it ► Go to the website

► You should also consider taking out travel insurance.

More information

This web page in also available in:





Your first EURES job is run by EURES, the European network of Public Employment Services. See:

Partners of the programme

Pôle Emploi is the head of a consortium of European partners:

  • Germany: Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Contact)
  • Irland : European Employment Services Department of Social Protection (Contact)
  • Italy: IFOA (Contact) et UNISER (Contact)
  • Portugal : EDUGEP (Contact)
  • Spain: SEPE (Contact)
  • United-Kingdom: Department for Work and Pensions